Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I change my personal details on my Medical Exemption (MEDEX) certificate to match my NHS prescriptions?

If you have had a change of name, please return your certificate with a covering letter and one of the following:
  • A copy of your marriage certificate
  • A copy of your civil partnership certificate
  • A copy of your deed poll
  • A copy of your Decree Absolute

You can email your evidence to us at but your certificate needs to be returned to the following address:


NHS Business Services Authority
Medical Exemption Certificates
Bridge House
152 Pilgrim Street
Newcastle upon Tyne

If you’ve moved or your certificate was issued with an incorrect name initially, please contact our Medical Exemption (MEDEX) certificate department directly.

medex, married, divorced, name change, surname change, deed poll, 

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer