Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What proof can I provide to my university in support of my claim for maternity support leave (paternity)?

Before your university can authorise the absence, you should provide them with some form of confirmation of the impending birth of the child, for example a copy of the MatB1 form.

In addition, you will need to sign a declaration, which should be sent to the course tutor, which states that you:
  • Are taking leave either to care for the child or to support your partner or both, or
  • Have or expect to have responsibility for the upbringing of the child, or
  • Are the biological father of the child, or
  • Are the nominated carer / same sex partner / married to or are the partner of, the child’s mother.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer