Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I claim a refund of NHS wigs and fabric support charges paid in Wales?

To apply for a refund of NHS wigs and fabric support charges paid in Wales, you will need to complete an HC5 form.
You can obtain this form by calling the following number and selecting the option for ‘health publications’
  • 0345 603 1108
You can also obtain the form in person from your local GP surgery, community pharmacy, NHS dentists, opticians or Jobcentre Plus offices.
You will need to enclose the original receipts within the HC5 form; the receipt should include the amount paid and date that the payment was made.

If you are claiming a refund due to having a Tax Credit Exemption certificate, the completed HC5 should be sent to:

Help With Health Costs,
NHS Business Services Authority,
Bridge House,
152 Pilgrim Street,
Newcastle upon Tyne,

Please check the HC5 for where you should send the completed form if you are claiming due to any other exemption.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer