Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Am I exempt from paying NHS dental charges if I am aged 16, 17, 18 or 19 and have finished full-time education?

You are able to get free NHS dental treatment for any Course of Treatment (CoT) which starts before your 18th birthday regardless of whether you are in full-time education or not. If you started a CoT at 18 years of age whilst in full-time education but you've since left education before completing it, you're also entitled to finish this course without paying.

You won't automatically qualify for any help with your NHS dental treatment charges if you're 18 or 19 years of age and have left / finished full-time education, unless you're in receipt of a different exemption such as a qualifying benefit.

If you're 18 or 19 years of age, feel you have a low income and you're not exempt from your dental charges, then please complete a HC1 form to be financially assessed for help with your health costs which includes help with your NHS dental treatment costs if you were to qualify.

Your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) should keep both the Tax Credits office and the Benefits office up to date with any changes to your education circumstances.
6 teen, 7teen, 8teen, 9teen, 16, 17,18, 19, quit, left, school, school leaver, college, uni, university, studies

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer