Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Do I still pay for my NHS dental treatment if I become exempt midway through a Course of Treatment (CoT)?

If you've not paid anything towards your Course of Treatment (CoT) yet, show your dental practice your exemption and you'll not need to pay.

If you've already made a payment towards your CoT and it's still open, take proof of your exemption into your dental practice and the surgery should refund any fee paid. The practice will submit their FP17 claim form when the treatment is completed and will mark it with the appropriate exemption indicated.

If this isn't possible, you'll need to pay for the full CoT and claim a refund using an HC5(D) form.

became exempt, became exempt, became exempt, circumstances changed, circumstances change, changed, changed, changed

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer