Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I request that my patient is examined by a Duty Clinical Advisor?

You, the performer, would need to fill in a D7 form. Requests that may be considered appropriate for a clinical opinion would include
  • Disagreement between you and your patient over a clinical issue
  • Assistance with a treatment plan

  • Complaints about interpretation of the NHS (GDS / PDS) Regulations

Requests will only be considered where the patient has been accepted under NHS (GDS / PDS) contractual arrangements. We're unable to consider a request for a clinical opinion where the patient has already been seen in the last 12 months by a specialist NHS Consultant with regard to the concerns raised.

We're unable to offer advice with regard to claims for damages / compensation under civil litigation procedures.

DRO, D7, DRO, D7, DRO, D7, DRO, D7

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer