Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I claim a Band 4 Urgent Course of Treatment (CoT) as a Continuation?

Continuation (Further treatment within two months) doesn't apply if an Urgent Course of Treatment (CoT) is required within two months of a previous CoT, this must be claimed as a separate CoT.

The performer submitting the FP17 claim should cross box ‘4’ (Urgent treatment) in Part 5 of FP17 to indicate the provision of urgent care. The ‘Further treatment within 2 months’ box in Part 6 of the FP17 shouldn't be crossed in these cases.

Where the patient has returned for care directly related to a recent restoration you have performed (such as a ‘dry socket’ after an extraction, or the easing of a newly constructed denture), an urgent CoT claim would not be appropriate. Such treatments are considered part of the initial CoT’s aftercare and should be provided within that claim.

continuation, urgent, band 4, urgent, and continuation, claiming  urgent and continuation, urgent continuation together

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer