Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I change my personal details on my Tax Credit Exemption certificate to match my NHS prescriptions?

To change your name, address or date of birth (DOB) on your Tax Credit Exemption certificate, you will need to contact HMRC on 0345 300 3900 and request that they make the changes. We have ‘read only’ access to the Tax Credit database and therefore cannot amend any details on your record.

Once we have been notified by HMRC of a change of details, your record will be updated.

If you have changed your name or DOB we will automatically issue a new certificate 
before the end of the month in which HMRC sent us this update. In the meantime if you require help with your health costs you can still show the old certificate you have along with proof of your name change or correct DOB, if evidence is requested.

If you have changed your address we will not issue a new certificate as the certificate itself does not include this information.
spelling, wrong, incorrect, mistake, moved, moved house, changed address, changed name, new name, married, maiden name, divorced

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer