Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What should I do if I have received a prescription Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) for someone that is deceased?

In order to avoid any further correspondence being issued, please send a photocopy of the death certificate (an interim certificate is acceptable) along with a note of the reference number shown on the Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).

This can be emailed to or posted to;

Prescription Exemption Checking Service
Bridge House
152 Pilgrim Street
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Upon receipt of the death certificate we will close the PCN case and no further action will be required.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer