Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What can I do if I was misadvised about my prescription entitlement by the pharmacy or my medical representative?

It is your responsibility to ensure the exemption information provided on your prescription is accurate and that payment is made if you do not meet any of the exemption criteria listed on it.

If you did not have a valid exemption at the time you claimed your prescription and have been issued with a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN), you will be liable for all charges stated.

If you feel you have been misadvised by your pharmacy or your medical representative, we recommend you speak with them directly. Alternatively, you can make a complaint in accordance with the NHS Complaint process.

For further information please visit the NHS Choices website.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.
misadvice, misadvised, wrong information
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer