Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What can I do if I have received a prescription penalty charge but am covered by my partner’s HC2 certificate?

To be entitled to free NHS prescriptions using a partner’s HC2 you must be named on the certificate. You would be named on the certificate if you made a joint claim when completing your HC1 application.

If you are not named on your partner’s HC2 and were not exempt in any other way at the time of your prescription, you are liable for all charges stated in your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Also, if you were living with your partner at the time your HC2 was valid from, you and your partner must cease to use that certificate immediately and reapply declaring both of you on the HC1 application.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer