Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I change my personal details on my NHS Tax Credit Exemption certificate to match my NHS dental records?

To change your name, address or date of birth (DoB) on your NHS Tax Credit Exemption certificate, you need to contact HMRC on 0345 300 3900 and request that they make the changes to your records. We have ‘read only’ access to the Tax Credit database and therefore, cannot amend your details.

Once we're notified by HMRC of a change in your details, your record will be updated automatically.

If you've changed your name we'll automatically issue a new certificate 
before the end of the month in which HMRC sent us this update. In the meantime if you require help with your health costs you can still show the old certificate, you should also show proof of your name change if requested.

If you've changed address or corrected your DoB, we won't issue you a new certificate as the certificate itself doesn't include this information.