Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What should I do if I am unsure whether I am entitled to help with NHS dental treatment?

If you are unsure whether you should be paying at the time you go for your NHS dental treatment, you should pay and obtain an NHS receipt.
If you subsequently confirm you were entitled to help with the costs you can claim a refund later.
To claim a refund you must complete and send an HC5 form with the original receipt showing your dental costs attached. This must be received within 3 months of the date the charge was paid in order to be considered.
Please be aware you can only claim a refund of NHS dental charges that you paid to the dentist at the time. If your charges have arisen through a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) due to incorrectly claiming entitlement, you will not be eligible for a refund of any of these charges.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer