Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What can I do if I have received a dental penalty charge but am covered by my partner’s HC2 / HC3 certificate?

To be entitled to help with NHS dental treatment using a partner’s HC2 or HC3 you must be named on the certificate. You would be named on the certificate if you made a joint claim when completing your HC1 application.

If you are not named on your partner’s HC2 / HC3 and were not exempt in any other way at the time of your treatment, you are liable for all charges stated in your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Also, if you were living with your partner at the time your HC2 / HC3 is valid from, you and your partner must cease to use that certificate immediately and reapply declaring both of you on the HC1 application.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.
partner, joint claim, HC2, HC3, joint HC2, joint HC3, partner HC2, partner HC3 
See also...