Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Information on prescription entitlement cards for Wales and Scotland

If you live in Scotland or Wales but are registered with a GP Practice in England you may apply for an Entitlement Card. This will serve as evidence that you are eligible for free prescriptions dispensed in Scotland/Wales. Entitlement Cards will be issued free of charge to eligible applicants.

The Entitlement Card must be shown at the time the prescription is presented for dispensing to benefit from the abolition of prescription charges in Scotland / Wales. The address details on the Entitlement Card must match the address details on the prescription form.


Application forms can be obtained from your local GP practice or alternatively contact Practitioner Services for the relevant area that you live within Scotland.

More information on applying can be found on the Practitioner Services website.


Applications are made through your local Health Board.

More information on applying can be found on the NHS Direct Wales website.


See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer