Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I add, delete or amend a code for dispensing private controlled drugs?

An authorised signatory at your Area Team (or an agency on their behalf) must advise us of any Private CD Pharmacy Contractor additions / deletions or changes by using the below forms. The completed forms should be returned to
The forms are available on our website. Click here to view. 

New code

A private dispensing code is required when dispensing controlled drugs on a private prescription.

If your pharmacy or dispensing practice does not have a private dispensing code then your Area Team can fill out a proforma on your behalf to request a code to be created. 

Closure or change of details

If your pharmacy or dispensing practice closes or you need to make any amendments, you will need to get your Area Team to complete the proforma on your behalf for the information on our systems to be updated.


See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer