Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Information for practices on claiming out of pocket expenses on specials and imports

A GP practice cannot use the SP endorsement to claim for expenses incurred in sourcing unlicensed specials or imports.

However, you claim for the fee in a slightly different way to pharmacy contractors; the prescription items must be endorsed with 'XP' together with the amount claimed- up to ‘£20.00’. If you were to claim more than £20 then the excess would be disregarded; for example, if you claimed £35 we would only pay for the first £20.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer