Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What are the joiner and leaver forms?

The following forms are used to opt members of staff into the NHS Pension Scheme:
  • SS10 - Joiner form for Officer staff, including Non-GP Providers who have Officer status
  • SS10GP - Joiner form for Officer staff at GP Practices or Out of Hours Providers
  • SS14 - Joiner form for Principle Practitioners, Assistant Practitioners, GP Locums and Dental Practitioners
  • SD65 - Joiner form for some staff employed by direction bodies; to be completed in addition to form SS10 (only applicable for employees who started before 1 August 2019, please see the related article If I am a Section 7(2) Direction Employer, how do my employees join the NHS Pension Scheme? for more information on when this should be completed)
The joiner forms can be found on our website.

The following form is used to opt members of staff out of the NHS Pension Scheme:
  • SD502 - Application to opt-out of the NHS Pension Scheme
This form can also be found on our website.
joiner, leaver, ss10, ss10gp, ss14, sd65
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer