Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I tell you if my spouse / partner / civil partner has died?

Undergraduate students


You do not need to tell us if your spouse / partner / civil partner has died as your bursary amount is not means tested and will not change.


Postgraduate students


If your spouse / partner / civil partner was included on your initial application form, please send us their death certificate and a covering letter briefly explaining the situation to us at:

Social Work Bursaries
PO Box 141
Hesketh House
200-220 Broadway


Make sure you write your reference number upon your covering letter.

We will reassess your entitlement (if applicable) within 20 working days and notify you of the outcome.


We will contact you if we need any further information / documents.



Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer