Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I am going overseas to receive treatment or have a baby, will my EHIC cover me?

No, an EHIC can only be used for treatment which becomes necessary during your visit.

If you intend to have planned treatment, you would need apply for funding prior to treatment by applying for an S2.