Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I apply for a UK issued EHIC if I am a non UK national coming to the UK to study?


If you are a student from the EEA or Switzerland, you will need a valid EHIC issued by your home country. You'll need to present the card every time that medical care becomes necessary while you complete your course in England. This will ensure that you are not charged when NHS charges for hospital care would otherwise apply.

If you are a non-EEA student further information can be found on the NHS website.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer