Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I get free NHS prescriptions in England if I live in Scotland / Wales and I have a qualifying medical condition?

Yes, as long as you hold a valid Medical exemption certificate.

You're entitled to apply for one so that you can get free NHS prescriptions in England.

If you live in Scotland you need to speak to your GP to complete an EC92A application form.

If you live in Wales you need to speak to your GP to complete an FP92W application form.
If the GP practice doesn't have any FP92W forms in stock, they can get these from their Local Health Board (LHB).

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer