Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I update my personal details if they’ve changed?


If you’ve changed your name, we require the return of your Medical exemption certificate with a covering letter and evidence of this change.

Please provide a photocopy of either a;

  • Marriage certificate
  • Civil Partnership certificate
  • Decree absolute
  • Deed poll


NHS Business Services Authority
Medical Exemption Certificates
Bridge House
152 Pilgrim Street
Newcastle upon Tyne

We'll post your new certificate to you within 10 working days of receiving these documents.

If you have any NHS prescriptions to collect whilst waiting for your amended certificate to arrive, tick box ‘E’ on the back of your prescription, the pharmacy will mark the box ‘Evidence not seen’ and you don't need to pay.

You can also email your evidence; however, you still need return the existing certificate to the above address if you want a new certificate.



You need to contact us so we can update this for you.

You don't need another certificate as your address isn't on the actual certificate; however, it’s very important that we update your record so we hold the correct information for you.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.



Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer