Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What evidence of my disability can I send with my Disabled Student Allowances (DSAs) application?

You'll need to provide diagnostic evidence of your disability. If you have more than one medical condition, you should provide evidence for all of them.
We can't use confirmation of any benefits you receive, such as Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance, as evidence.
If you have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD), such as dyslexia or dyspraxia, you should provide a diagnostic assessment from a practitioner psychologist or other suitably qualified specialist teacher.
The diagnostic assessment must have been carried out after your 16th birthday to be valid for the purposes of your DSAs application. If you require a post-16 assessment, your university disability advisor may be able to assist you in organising this.
For any other disability or medical condition you should submit a recent letter from your GP or consultant, or other qualified medical practitioner or appropriate specialist. This should state the nature of your disability and ideally should also briefly explain how it impacts upon you.
We won't pay the costs for providing any diagnostic evidence.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer