Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Do I need to apply for Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs) every year?

You'll need to submit a new Disabled Student Allowances (DSAs) application form for each academic year.

You'll not need to resend any medical evidence or attend another assessment of study needs after your initial application, unless your requirements change.

Once the application form is processed, you will receive a notification letter detailing your entitlement for that year.

If your circumstances have changed since your last application and you require extra assistance, you’ll need to supply us with a new DSAs application form and evidence from a medical professional to confirm how your disability has changed or become more severe.

These need to be sent to:

Social Work Bursaries
PO Box 141
Hesketh House
200-220 Broadway


Upon receipt of these forms, we will assess your entitlement within 10 working days and you will receive a notification letter detailing your revised entitlement.


This can be done at any point during the academic year.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer