Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Do I need to tell you if I marry, divorce, separate or move in with a partner?

If you've changed your name, please send a covering letter explaining the change and one of the following original documents as evidence:
  • Marriage certificate
  • Civil partnership certificate
  • Decree Nisi or Absolute (i.e. divorce papers)
  • Deed Poll certificate

These need to be sent to:

Social Work Bursaries
PO Box 141
Hesketh House
200-220 Broadway


Make sure you write your reference number upon your covering letter.


If you have a MyFunding account, you also need to login and update your details using the ‘Edit’ button on the Personal Details’ section of your account.

Please also make sure your university is aware of your current name.


This is because your university / college may need to send us details regarding your course and we must hold the same name as they do so we can match this information to your record.

If you've had a change in your relationship status, you may need to complete another application depending on your course and circumstances.


Undergraduate course students

You don't need to complete another application to tell us about any changes to your relationship status, as any bursary awarded to you is not assessed based on anyone else in your household.

Postgraduate course students

If you've only been awarded the Placement Travel Allowance (PTA), Basic Bursary, Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs) and/or tuition fee support and don't wish to be considered for any of the additional income assessed elements, there's also no need to inform us of your change of relationship status.

If have a change in your living arrangements that may affect your award (i.e. you start living with a partner who was not named upon your initial application or you no longer live with a partner who was named upon your initial application form), you'll also need to download and print another application form from your MyFunding account.

If you do not have a MyFunding account, please contact us and we’ll arrange for an application form to be sent to you.

After the application form has been completed, please send it with evidence of your change and any income / expenses that was not previously supplied to the following address:

Social Work Bursaries
PO Box 141
Hesketh House
200-220 Broadway


Upon receipt of your application form and evidence, we will reassess your entitlement within 20 working days and notify you of the outcome via email.

We will contact you if we need any further information / evidence from you.


See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer