Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What is meant by the bursary allocation or capping?

This refers to the limited number of allocated bursary places available at each university, which may be fewer than the number of students accepted onto the approved Social Work Course.
If you're not allocated a 'capped' place, the only Social Work Bursary funding potentially available to you is the Placement Travel Allowance (PTA). We're unable to offer any other funding, such as funding for your tuition fees, allowances for dependants or disability allowances.
Your university / college decides which students to allocate places to and informs us once the list has been finalised. We have no input into this decision process so we can't advise if you'll receive an allocation.
These regulations are set by the Department of Health and Social Care. More information can be found on their website.
capping, cap, allocation,
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer