Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How is the Social Work Bursary calculated if I’m on a part time course?

We'll calculate your entitlement for each year of your part time course based on the total amount of funding you would have received if you were attending full time.
For example, if the full time funding would have been £1,000 per year for 2 years, we would take the 2 year total (£2,000) and divide it by the number of years you're eligible for funding.
Therefore, in this example if you were eligible for 4 years of part time funding, we'd divide the full time total (£2,000) by 4, giving £500 per year.
We'd only take into account the period you're entitled to funding for. If you're attending an undergraduate course, year 1 would be disregarded from any calculation as both full and part time students are only eligible from year 2 of their course.
If you're a postgraduate course student your tuition fee contribution and Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs), if eligible, will be paid at a set rate rather than an amount based on the specific number of years your course lasts. Also, any Childcare Allowance (CCA) you're eligible for will not be reduced due to you attending part time.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer