Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What evidence do I need to send for my own income when applying for a postgraduate bursary?

On the postgraduate bursary application form we ask you to estimate your unearned income for the forthcoming academic year. As you'll be applying before this period has ended we may ask for further evidence later in the year.

When you send the application you're required to send original evidence of any unearned income of £1,000 or more. If the amount you'll receive is less than £1,000 you won't need to send evidence of this, but you must still enter the details on your application form.
The bursary application form details what evidence we can accept but the following can also be used as guidance:
Income from property, lettings or rent
  • Accountant's letter or;
  • Tax Self-Assessment form
Income from trusts
  • Dividend statements
Income from taxable pensions
  • Pension statements
Income from benefits
  • Benefit letters / statements or;
  • Confirmation of Benefits form (You can download this form from our website within the 'Forms you might need' section)
Maintenance payments for yourself and children
  • Child Support Agency letter or;
  • Maintenance court order or;
  • Confirmation of voluntary maintenance letter
Building Society interest
  • Bank or building society statements of interest earned
Income from investments
  • Dividend statements
Income from sponsorships
  • Award letter from sponsor
You must send original evidence via the post as we're unable to accept any evidence via email or fax.
own income
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer