Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What evidence can I send if my spouse / partner / civil partner is unemployed or doesn't receive any income?

Unemployed and receiving benefits

If your spouse / partner / civil partner was unemployed and receiving benefits, you should send a letter from their benefits agency detailing the name and amount of the benefit received during the tax year prior to last.

Alternatively you can send a completed Confirmation of Benefits form which is available on our website within the 'Forms you might need' section.

Unemployed and not receiving benefits or any other income

If your spouse / partner / civil partner wasn't receiving any income, you should send a signed letter from your spouse / partner / civil partner confirming they didn't have any income for the required period.

You should also make a note within the bursary application explaining what money they received to live on and we'll contact you if any further evidence is needed.

See also...