Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What evidence can I send to prove that I've been ordinarily resident in the UK?

If you're a non-UK National and we've asked you to show that you've been ordinarily resident in the UK for the three years before to the start of your course, the following documents may be accepted:
  • Utility bills
  • Council Tax bills
  • Tenancy agreements
  • Child Tax Credit / Child Benefit documentation
  • Your children's UK birth certificates
  • Bank statements showing regular activity in the UK, such as cash withdrawals
  • Payslips
  • P60s
  • Letter from employers
  • Letter from education institution

You should ideally send a combination of different documents from the above list, however, they should cover each of the relevant years prior to the first date of your course. For example, if your course was to start 15 September 2018, you should send at least one document from each of the years 2015 (dated on or prior to 15 September 2015), 2016, 2017 and 2018 (dated prior to 15 September 2018).

All evidence must be original and failure to provide any of the relevant evidence will result in the assessment of your application being delayed.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer