Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document My parent, spouse / civil partner / partner needs to send you financial evidence to support my bursary application. How can they ensure this is kept confidential?

You may have to supply evidence to us from another person, for example, financial evidence from a parent, spouse / civil partner / partner. If they would prefer this information remains confidential to them, you should ask them to place the document/s into a sealed envelope and then put them inside the envelope containing your supporting evidence. Make sure you send your documents to us by recorded (now known as 'signed for') or Special Delivery post so you can track them.
You should always avoid sending in another person's evidence separately to your own, where possible, as this can cause delays with the assessment of your application.
If the other person wants us to return their document/s to a different address they must include a covering letter stating this and an envelope with the correct amount of recorded (now known as 'signed for') or Special Delivery paid on it addressed to where we should return the document/s.

Failure to provide your student coversheet and self-addressed envelope (if you're posting evidence to us) will result in the processing of your application and the return of your documents being delayed. This could also possibly result in a delay to any payment of bursary due to you. Please also write your SBA reference number (you can obtain this from your student coversheet) in the first line of the postal address and your preferred return address on the back of the envelope that you are sending your documents in.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer