Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What type of envelope should I use to post my documents?

Whether you're using a paper/card envelope or a plastic Special Delivery pouch (the pouch is highly recommended) to send us your supporting evidence, please strengthen the seal with tape. We recommend that tape is put over the length of the seal and around the front of the envelope so that it cannot open.

We receive hundreds of envelopes with damaged or open seals every month. Some of the documents they contained have been lost in transit on their way to us. Protect your documents by reinforcing the seal (and using Special Delivery post).

Please also make sure the envelope and the return envelope that you use are large enough to comfortably fit all of the documents in. A lot of the damaged mail we receive with torn envelopes is because too many documents have been forced into the envelope so make sure you use one sturdy enough to cope with the weight of what you’re sending.

What do I need to send with my supporting evidence?

When sending any evidence, correspondence or paper applications you must include the following:

  • Student coversheet - You can print your student coversheet from the "Documents" section of your BOSS account. This contains your unique barcode reference which enables us to locate your BOSS record and link your documents to it.
  • Self-addressed pre-paid return envelope – This enables us to return your evidence to you. We recommend you pay Signed For or Special Delivery postage on this envelope so that you can track the return of your documents.

When posting anything to us, please also write your SBA reference number (you can obtain this from your student coversheet) in the first line of the postal address and your preferred return address on the back of the envelope that you are sending your documents in.

Failure to provide your student coversheet and self-addressed envelope (if evidence included) will result in the processing of your application and the return of your documents being delayed. This could also possibly result in a delay to any payment of bursary due to you.


See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer