Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Who can apply for Practice Placement Expenses?

If you are eligible for at least the non-means tested grant you can claim some reimbursement for travel and accommodation costs which you incur whilst attending a practice placement as part of your course.

If you have been assessed as European Fees Only you are only entitled to have your tuition fees paid and you will not receive a bursary nor reimbursement of any costs associated with practice placements.

The above rules do not apply if you are a non-medical / dental student and attend a university located in London. You should contact your university directly for details on how to apply for your practice placement costs.

A guidance booklet which contains more information on how to claim Practice Placement Expenses (PPE) is available on our website.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer