Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What evidence can I send to support my application for Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs)?

We require recent medical evidence from your GP / Consultant stating the nature of your disability / disabilities.

This must include a brief explanation of how your disability impacts you during your day to day activities.

We can also accept a copy of your Local Authority EHC Plan (if applicable).

If you have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD), such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia or similar, you must send us a full diagnostic assessment from a practitioner psychologist or suitably qualified specialist teacher.  The assessment must have been carried out after your 16th birthday and state that you have a specific learning difficulty to be valid.

If you have received DSAs before from another funding authority (for example, Student Finance England), you should also send in a copy of your previous study needs assessment report and previous DSAs award letter.

If you have received DSAs before from NHS Student Bursaries, you would not normally be expected to send this evidence again.

Please post your evidence along with a copy of your Student Coversheet to us at:

(Your unique SBA number)
NHS Student Bursaries
Ridgway House
Northgate Close

Upon receipt of any necessary evidence, we will assess your application within 10 working days and will confirm the outcome via email.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer