Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I claim back taxi costs recommended in my Needs Assessment Report (NAR)?

If it has been agreed that we can pay for taxi costs recommended on your Needs Assessment report (NAR), we will advise you of the details on your DSAs award letter.
Show your award letter to the taxi company indicated on your DSAs award letter to prove your entitlement and they will set up an account with us.

Please note if you choose to use another company we will be unable to pay more than the amount agreed to on your award letter.
The taxi company should then send their invoices directly to us at the following address:

NHS Student Bursaries
Finance and Property
Stella House
Goldcrest Way

Newburn Riverside
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE15 8NY

Envelopes should be marked for the attention of Corporate Finance and a cover letter should be included giving your name and student bursary reference number (beginning SBA...).

If this is the first time we are setting up an account with them, they will be sent a Supplier Amendment Form to complete when we receive their first invoice. This is used to register their payment method details for this and future invoices.

Travel costs can then be paid between us and the taxi firm up to the amount agreed upon your award letter.
Placement travel

If it is recommended that you take taxis to your practice placements due to your disability, these costs should be claimed in the same manner as above.

They must normally be included in your NAR, although If your placement locations and dates were unknown at the time the report was written, your Needs Assessor needs to send us additional quotes prior to your placement starting for us to consider amending your travel allowance.