Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What can I do if I have entered a step parent or parent's information onto my application in error?

A step parent should not be declared unless they have legally adopted you and you only need declare one of your biological parents if they are separated.

If your parents are separated through divorce, we require their Decree Nisi or Decree Absolute before correcting your application.

If your parents are separated but not divorced, we require a signed letter from the parent your bursary is going to be assessed on confirming that they are separated from your other parent and this should also confirm their date of separation.

If your application is active/pending,

You can send in a covering letter to explain the error and this will be corrected by us at the time of assessment.

If your application is approved

You need to contact us and we will amend this for you.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer