Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I receive a bursary for my course if I was being seconded but the funding has now been withdrawn?

You will need to speak to your University and LETB (Local Education Training Board). If you are on an NHS commissioned place and the LETB agrees to pay the fees then it may be possible for you to apply to us for funding for the remainder of your course.

If the LETB agrees you will have to apply through BOSS as an APEL student. Your University will also have to send a COSA (Confirmation of Student Attendance) to confirm you have started your first NHS funded year.

If you have been seconded for the duration of your course, we would not be able to consider any funding if you require an extension and your employer is not willing to fund this. Consideration can only be made if the funding is withdrawn midway through your course.
funding withdrawn, seconded, withdrawn funding
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer