Template Details

Document Am I entitled to apply for childcare costs if my partner is a student?

You may claim Childcare Allowance from us unless your partner receives a childcare grant from another funding body, such as Student Finance England.

If your partner receives a form of funding which does not include Childcare Allowance, we would require evidence, such as a Notification of Award (NOA) letter from their funding authority.

If your partner is also an NHS Student, only one person will need to apply for Childcare Allowance as we can only pay this to one of you. Should you or your partner go on maternity leave you would normally not be entitled to Childcare Allowance until you/they return to the course, regardless of who is receiving the Childcare Allowance.

See also...

Contact Us

If this document does not fit your needs, you can contact us. Contact Us