Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I claim childcare costs from you as well as from HMRC Tax Credits, Universal Credit or another funding body?

No, you can only claim childcare costs from one funding body. If you are claiming childcare costs through us, you would not be able to claim through HMRC Tax Credits, Universal Credit or any other funding body.

For example, if you are claiming the childcare element of Working Tax Credit for one child only and try to claim childcare from us for a different child, you will not qualify for Childcare payments from us.

If your Tax Credit award letter from HMRC shows that you have made an application for childcare, even if your award is zero, you are unable to claim Childcare costs through NHS Student Bursaries. You need to completely withdraw your claim for Childcare with HMRC for us to consider your application.