Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I claim childcare costs for using a Nanny or Au Pair?

Yes, as long as the Nanny or Au Pair is registered on the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register (OCR) or other UK country’s equivalent. The OCR is a register that recognises national status for individuals providing childcare that is not otherwise required to be registered.

Relatives of the child or children being cared for, who normally have parental responsibility for that child or children, cannot be registered on the voluntary part of the OCR.

Please remember to keep your receipts for all childcare costs you pay.

Other UK registration bodies
  • The Voluntary Approval Scheme (Wales)
  • The Home Childcare Approval Scheme (Northern Ireland)
  • The Care Inspectorate (Scotland)


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer