Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I apply for backdated Childcare Allowance payments?

Yes, however we will only backdate costs up to 9 months on receipt of all required documentation. If you have had a change of circumstances, such as having a new dependant or your child has just started to attend a registered childcare provider, your 9 month time limit begins from the date of the change.

If any of the backdated costs claimed are within a Childcare Reconciliation period that has already ended, you must also send a Childcare Reconciliation form (along with your student coversheet) for that period. Please check the Childcare Reconciliation forms on our website to see if this will apply.

Dependants Allowance for the child(ren) must have also been applied for in order for us to consider your Childcare Allowance claim.


See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer