Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Am I entitled to help with my health costs during the summer if I will be continuing in full-time education?

You're generally not considered to be receiving full-time education once you've come off a school / college register or you've finished receiving similar education.

However, if you plan to continue in full-time education and have a letter offering you a place for the following term, you're entitled to help during the break until your 19th birthday. Education-based exemption applies until your 19th birthday or you leave full-time education, whichever comes first. It includes education beyond A levels or equivalent. This entitlement doesn't depend on whether your parent(s) / guardian(s) receive child benefit or child tax credits for you.

If you're not entitled to education-based exemption, you may be able to claim for help with health costs using the HC1, our website contains more information.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.
holidays, break
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer