Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What is the Non-Medical Helpers Allowance part of the Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs)?

If awarded to you this allowance is to provide for any helpers, such as sign language interpreters, note-takers and other non-medical assistance you need to benefit fully from your course.

This allowance is paid directly to the relevant bodies that supplied you with the support. Invoices and signed timesheets must be submitted to us by the Non-Medical Helper and a payment would be made directly to them.

Your assessment of study needs will recommend the amount of hours you can claim for each academic year. Non-Medical support can be given throughout the year as long as it doesn't exceed the number of recommended hours, is course related and you're still in receipt of a bursary.

You may select your own provider, however, you'll only receive the recommended amount of study support noted in your award.
non medical, one to one, tuition, tutor
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer