Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I claim extra funding for my placements?

No, there is no additional funding available for travel, accommodation or any other costs associated with placements.
If you're eligible for a Social Work Bursary and allocated a capped bursary place, your award will include a fixed contribution towards placement costs within your Basic Bursary.
If you're not allocated a capped bursary place you can apply for the Placement Travel Allowance (PTA), which is also a fixed contribution.

There is no further funding for placements available from us, regardless of what costs you incur.
You placement provider may offer help towards these expenses, however, you would need to discuss this with them.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer