Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Could I be eligible if I've had temporary or occasional absence from the UK?

We may be able to fund you if your absence from the UK was considered temporary. Each case will be considered individually and supporting evidence must be provided.

You can send any of the following documents to prove temporary or occasional absence from the UK:
  • Evidence of temporary employment abroad (contract of employment, letter from employer)
  • Evidence of gap year
  • Evidence of continued links to the UK (liable for UK tax, ongoing mortgage payments, regular return visits to the UK, etc.)
  • Evidence of armed forces personnel on active service (payslips, letter from employer, etc.)
  • Visitors Visas
  • Any other evidence not listed above that you feel supports the claim as being temporarily absent
gap year

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer