Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How has my overpayment been calculated?

An overpayment is worked out by comparing your revised entitlement with the amount you've already been paid.

If the amount you’ve already paid is more than your revised entitlement, the difference will be classed as an overpayment and you will need to pay this back.

For example, if you withdraw from your course we will calculate how much bursary you should have been paid based upon the start date of your course and the date you withdrew. If you've already been paid more than this (as we pay you for each term) we’ll send you a letter asking you to repay the difference.

Childcare Allowance (CCA)


We pay your CCA based upon the estimates you give us for the terms upon your Childcare Allowance application form.


We then ask you and your childcare provider to confirm the costs you’ve paid at the end of each term by filling in a Childcare Reconciliation form.

An overpayment of CCA may occur if you have estimated that you are going to pay a certain amount to your childcare provider but you’ve actually paid less than expected when your childcare costs have been confirmed at the end of the term.


If you have been paid too much, we will deduct the difference from your future term(s) CCA payments however if there is not enough future CCA payments available to cover this difference we’ll send you a letter asking you to repay the difference by another method.


See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer