Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I apply for Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs) if diagnosed with a disability towards the end of my course?

Yes; you can apply for DSAs at any stage of your course however if you are coming to the end of your studies, this support is unlikely to be funded.

You may wish to contact your disability advisor in the first instance to see if reasonable adjustments can be made as they may be able to arrange institutional support, such as exam support, study support or revision skills, or the loan of specialist equipment.

If that is not possible, DSAs may be considered for rental equipment, if it is cheaper to rent equipment rather than buy it. Assessment Centres can offer further information on which equipment suppliers can provide equipment for hire or rental.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer