Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document When can I apply for Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs)?

You should apply as soon as you can before your course starts in order to receive payments promptly however you can apply for Disabled Students Allowance (DSAs) funding at any stage of your course.

DSAs funding can be assessed prior to your course starting and a Needs Assessment can be carried out but you will not receive any payments until we receive the Confirmation of Student Attendance (COSA) form from your University.

If you have already started your course and need support prior to the Needs Assessment being carried out, you should contact your disability adviser at your University to request that support is put in place.

If you are studying on a designated part time programme starting on or after 1 August 2017 and you are receiving the bursary maintenance award you will need to apply for any DSAs funding through the Student Loans Company (SLC); you would need to contact them with any queries about how to apply.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer