Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How will my bursary be affected if I am a dependent student who has now moved in with my partner?

Basic bursary award

If you are a dependent student who was formerly single and you start cohabiting with a partner, this will not have any impact on your basic bursary award or change your status to independent. Your basic bursary will still be based on your parent(s) income / expenses.
You will still need to notify us of your change in circumstances as we will need to amend your status to co-habiting and amend your address details.

If your partner has a child this would not automatically class you as independent. You would need  to have legal guardianship of have adopted the child.

Dependants Allowance

You may now qualify for Dependants Allowance for you partner. If your partner has a child who you also now live with, Dependants Allowance may also be claimed for them.
You will need to complete a change of circumstances through your BOSS account and send any relevant evidence along with your student coversheet.

See also...